Tuesday, March 31, 2009

great trick

this is how it all comes full circle.
Jim asks a question on twitter, which gets me thinking about new uses for social networking.

just a couple of statements back and forth and my constant concern with bridging the old and the new leads me to add a simple 856 tag in the marc records of one of our non- fiction book club title, which is now an online venture in the form of a blog.

eat this! old stubborn OPAC!

I think it's pretty neat, if I may say so myself.

Now this:




Goes to this:







technorati tags:, , , ,

1 comment:

Jim McCluskey said...

Very, very cool. This is just really cool, and a great example of the kind of things that I hope we'll be doing soon. I can't wait to show everyone in our Strategic Plan meeting tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks,
Jim