Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Outliers

I am listening to the book Outliers in my car and it is blowing my mind.

watch this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m363KIRPC7BAK

then check the book (or audio book) out.

update from 5/21/09
I keep re-playing and re-playing some passages:
"...when the world changed, they were ready."

"plane crash are most often the result of 7 errors, SEVEN!
and not errors due to lack of skills or knowledge, but failures in teamwork and COMMUNICATION... someone knew something and didn't tell someone else..."


Outliers Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved the audio read by the author. (hachette audio) Every chapter was more interesting than the one before and the 1st one about birth dates and hockey players blew me away... Definitely eye opening, very smart and clear about what it means to teach. Made me appreciate my family and the environment in which I grew up so much.loved it.



note. I kept wanting to stop the car and write down brilliant one line quotes, which of course, I never did. that's the problem with audio.

about opportunity and practice and luck: "...when the world changed, they were ready." stuck with me still.










View all my reviews.


technorati tags:, , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sylvie,

A bit late to the party but Gladwell is great stuff. Get ahold of Blink and The Tipping Point, both equally interesting. I listened to the CD of Blink on a trip and almost decided blow off stopping to visit my folks so I could keep on driving and finish the book!

David in Burbank