Saturday, March 11, 2006

deflated...

Man, I am so bummed...
As I return from the Sirsidynix superconference all pumped up, this is what greets me at the door:






Now, don't get me wrong, I am totally respectfull of a decision that was made, no doubt, under great pressure. I just thought that battle had been fought and won...
Like I said, I'm just bummed.

Why couldn't we have chosen to go with something like this... Just goes to show the need to "keep at it" and be ever present in every conversation to represent a different side of public service.

This definitely can also be filed under the "How to lose your best techies" meme... And I'll be sure to always bring it up when asked: "Why are people going to B&N for homework help instead of coming here?"

Sorry to be so down, I'll go back over my notes form the conference, get all jazzed up again and come back to post good, cool, up stuff in a day or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me say first that I completely understand the desire to ban forever loud cellphone talkers. That being said, loud cellphone talkers are nothing more than disturbances within the library, not unlike any other disturbance such as screaming children or loud and obnoxious seniors demanding that their books be renewed for the fifth time (did I say that?) and need to be dealt with as such, using disturbance policies and not outright cellphone banning. The banning of individual items is a slippery slope, and ultimately an ineffectual answer to a problem already covered by existing policies. I wish you luck in your struggle.